Please don’t start the music. This is going to be a long acceptance speech! I would like to thank – oh, what, music already?! I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ABHIJNAN DASGUPTA and BHUMI JAYALAKSHMI FOR NOMINATING ME FOR THE VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD! They say I have to talk about the rules and say 7 things about myself, so tell that band to shush!
Yay Me! –
- Display the Award on your blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you, with a link to his/her blog.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for the award (and let them know).
- Tell 7 things about yourself to the person who nominated you.
Why can’t I think of a single thing to write about myself?! (Like this) Okay, here goes:
- I am both a cynic as well as a hopeless romantic. I don’t believe in love and I don’t believe there is any goodness left in this world. At the same time, I dream of little smiles and tummy butterflies 😛
- Whenever I watch HIMYM, I imagine Ted Mosby’s character was written with me in mind! 😛 Watching that guy’s story unfold is like seeing me (as a guy) (elementally speaking, when Lily was sad that she couldn’t pursue her art career, it reminded me of my guitar; but otherwise, I am Ted through and through)!
- I believe in ghosts (but I question the existence of God).
- I hate cooking, though whenever I’ve cooked anything, I’ve received a lot of praises!
- I decide to sleep early everyday, but end up staying awake till 2 am. I regret it each morning.
- The first thing I did after I finished college was read the Harry Potter books at a stretch. I suffered a massive book hangover once I was done, and couldn’t touch another book for a long time! I never felt that way about any other book.
- I daydream of singing on stage, though I am a terrible singer!
Here are my nominees!!
1) Jaideep Khanduja
2) Harsha Bhuyan
3) Indrani Ghose
4) Aneesh S
5) Abhijit Ray
6) Tomichan Matheikal
7) Bharati Singha
8) Ekta Khetan
9) SK Srinivas
10) Maniparna Sengupta Majumder
12) Nandini Deka
13) Richa Singh
14) Preethi Venugopal
15) Saru Singhal
Now for the 4 Liebsters I got (oh so YAY ME!!)
I recently learned from Bhavya Kaushik’s post that unfortunately you can’t nominate people for the Liebster after your first one. So I am just gonna answer questions from my nominators.
2. Your best habit!
Wow, I can think of 10 bad habits, but not one good one?! I need to make some changes in my lifestyle!
3. What makes you unique from others?
I don’t watch Bigg Boss like the rest of the country. I despise it.
4. Your favorite movies?
My favorite movies are Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Inception, Rockstar, The Tourist, Titanic, Dil Chahta Hai, Juno and Step Up. I hate most sappy Bollywood movies
(I was hated by my classmates in school, because I called Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and Kaho Na Pyar Hai crappy movies.)
5. Action or romance?
Bit of both.
6. 3 deep buried secrets! 😉
I don’t keep any secrets!
7. The person you love the most?
8. Your idol?
9. School or college?
School, hands down.
10. The most mischievous act you have done?
I am Miss Goody-Two-Shoes, I play by the rules 😉
Next, answering questions posed by Preetha Datta! Thank you, dear!
1. Which Harry Potter character to you relate to most and why?
I think a bit of Hermione (was considered a nerd till 10th std) and Ron (know how to goof off with my friends).
2. Favorite food?
Mom-cooked food 😀 I also love street food and Italian cuisine.
3. What is the craziest dream that you had?
Oh! So many! Sometimes, I write down my dreams, cos they become short stories later!
4. What was the first book that you read?
Sleeping Beauty! The little fairy-tale version. I read it when I was in 1st std (though my mother had told me the story before I read the book :P)
5. Best moment of your life.
🙂 I would love to put it up here, but I would prefer to tell you in person 😉
6. Where would you like to travel on your holiday?
7. If you had to choose a time frame other than the one you currently live in, when would it be?
Oh no! I am too happy with the time frame I live in.
8. A book that you recently read.
Presently reading The Lowland, by Jhumpa Lahiri
9. Who is your favorite celebrity and why?
Bradley Cooper! That man’s bad-boy smile makes me go soooo weak-kneed! (a part of me really likes Josh Radnor too… but only the Ted Mosby role)
10. Describe a childhood memory.
Okay, next up is Bharati Singha. Thank you so much Bharati! (Very good questions, I must say!)
1. Why did you start your blog?
To annoy someone! (Planning v/s Impulsiveness)
2. Who is your favorite author and why?
I love JK Rowling (do I need to state a reason why!) and Anita Nair (the feminist themes).
3. What is the most delicious food you have ever eaten?
Oh, there was this Italian-Mexican restaurant I once visited. They had something called fried chicken in peanut sauce. It was yummmwow!!
4. What is your favorite quote and by whom?
“Out beyond ideas of wrong and right, there’s a field. I’ll meet you there.” by Jalaluddin Rumi and “Not all those who wander are lost.” by JRR Tolkien
5. What is your favorite post that you’ve written? (Please provide link!)
Woah! Tough question! But I would say there are a couple (in no particular order):
Silent Prayers, When I Was Told To Describe Myself, Figments Of My Overly-Active Imagination, Don’t Judge Me, Guilt, Jealousy, Sorrow, Freedom of Speech, The Final Confession, The Man Who Wanted To Burn His Daughter Alive, Why So Furious, Lets Put That Tissue In Its Place, Umbrella, The Weighing Machine.
6. Where is the most beautiful place you have ever been to?
Tungareshwar and Mulshi. Both in Maharashtra.
7. What do you believe is the greatest flaw among people?
People are too judgmental and hypocritical.
8. What do you like to do on the weekends?
I would either be curled up under a blanket reading a book or go out with my friends.
9. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
10. What’s worse? A screaming Boss on Fridays or an emotionally manipulative mom? Explain.
An emotionally manipulative mom. A boss would scream and scream and eventually shut up. It depends on how much you want it to affect you. But your mom is – well – your mom! She’s family. If she gets emotionally manipulative, you’re stifled. You would stop living your own life, and be forced to live her version of ideal.
Last, but not the least, thank you to Stallion! I know I mustn’t be partial to my nominators, but these are my favorite set of questions!
1. Describe yourself in a sentence.
Confused, yet passionate!
2. One thing you’d like changing about yourself.
I day-dream too much and feel sad when the dreams don’t come true. I think way too much about turning back time. I wanna change both these things!
3. If you could go back in time, what would you’ve done/undone?
I would’ve chosen a different college to study in.
4. What is Life all about?
To lift a line from Avicii’s Wake Me Up, “Life’s a game made for everyone; and love is the prize!”
5. Every individual is different. What according to you makes you or anyone else stand apart from the rest?
When we follow our passions, we become who we truly are meant to be. And that’s what makes up stand apart.
6. Movies you like.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Inception, Rockstar, The Tourist, Titanic, Dil Chahta Hai, Juno and Step Up.
7. Given a chance to mend present world what would you do?
I truly wish women were treated better. And I wish people stop judging others for their choices.
I also wish people wouldn’t be forced into doing things they didn’t want to, like getting married, getting a particular job, studying a particular course
8. Why do you blog (like writing)?
I write to let go of all the anger inside me. I started blogging for a whole other reason!
9. Do you like to walk on the road not taken?
I would love to! But I do wish there was someone whose fingers I could link my own with, while walking on the road not taken 😉
10. Have you ever loved truly? If yes then do write a few (completely non particular) sweet compliment for him/her.
“You are the funniest person I have ever met and your crinkly, mischievous smile lights up my heart even on the darkest days. For these, and a million other reasons, I have loved you and wish someday I would let you know!”
Thanks, all you guys! Made my day!! Whew that felt like an autobiography 😀 Cheers!